Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:40:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port redirection

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Robert wrote:
> I'm running 2.2 .. but the trick is, I'd like to be able to telnet to
> namodn.com port 23, and nomad.namodn.com 23 , but nomad.namodn.com port 23
> is really port 8000 , and namodn.com port 23 is really port 23.
>
> <shrug>
>
> I could have the MUD listen on 23, but then I could not telnet in to the
> shell on 23.

	Do you have an IP to spare?  If so, point nomad.namodn.com to it.
Put both IPs on the same card.  Then have the MUD listen to both ports on
that IP.  Then point the other IP to namodn.com.  Have the MUD listen to
only port 8000 on that one, if you want to accomodate people.

	One thing to note:  Get the programs set up first.  Then change
the DNS.  That way people won't see downtimes.  Also, xinetd might be
helpful on this project, but I'm speaking from things I've heard, not
things that I've done.  So I'm not sure about this.

						Good luck,
						Jaime