Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:46:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>
To:        freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiple Terminal Workstation?

Hi.  A couple of strange questions....

One is this:

I'm looking to bind multiple terminals to a single workstation (call it
the "mission-control" syndrome).  I know screen supports SOME of the
features this would require (the ability to send commands to a different
terminal, the ability to detach and resume, etc)...Is there anything else
I should know about/need (because I run into problems like "how do I get
things running on the terminals to begin with", and "once I detach it, how
do I put it back?")...If anyone's done this, I appreciate the guidance.

Secondly:

I'm having some real trouble with this crappy (no-name) PNP modem.  It has
NO jumpers, and I got no software with it (recycled technology is
wonderful, ain't it?).  My motherboard is a 486/66, meaning like, ZERO pnp
compliance.  Is there any way to use this device?  (for the record, I
installed it and ran MSD, and the thing appeared to not even exist)

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"There is no right and wrong, there is only fun and boring."

-Fisher Stevens, "Hackers"

Dan Mahoney
Gushi on efnet IRC
ICQ:13735144