Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:41:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        Matthew <matthew@netsol.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 unable to receive packet by default?

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999, Matthew wrote:

> Hi, guys
> I just installed the 3.0 subscriber CD, I found that you can only ping out
> but not some one ping you or do telnet to you.
>
> I found this is at the time I did a ftp out, the user name and pass phrase
> passed and then i did a "ls", then I am stuck. It turns out no communication
> can come back. How weird. Is this the default behavior of 3.0? I checked the
> firewall thing, or route, etc. dones look like the problem.
>
> I'm wondering if I need to look into the net3 socket code for any change
> someone in the team did.

Hi Matthew,

	Just wondering, what kind of ethernet card do you have in the
machine and which driver are you using?  We have a similar problem that
our Linksys DEC 21140A based 10/100 card simply doesn't work and fails the
autsense when upgraded to 3.0-RELEASE.  It seems that 3.0-RELEASE will not
allow all routes to go through the ethernet with the gateway option set to
yes in /etc/rc.conf.  Our machine serves as the WAN router with the eth0
Etinc Router card interface for the PPP T1 and it seems that traceroutes
from the machines on the LAN doesn't get past the box except for a few
routes which it will work.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]