Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Dan Seguin <dseg@texar.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel APIs - Solaris

Well, the section 9 man pages are pretty complete. The device driver
stuff is actually pretty easily available. In fact, this instead of
performance was supposed to be one of the main design goals for Solaris
(and I know- I was part of that effort- Gawd, I'm *sorry*.....)

There *is* a DDK- I can't remember the order number off the top of my
head, but it has enough information to write SCSI target drivers, streams
modules, pseudo drivers, etc. It misses several important items that
have been added recently (64 bit clean drivers with a 32 bit user ABI)
or power mode and/or the rather important DDI_SUSPEND functions for the
E10K. There's always an option of hiring a consultant.

-matt