Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:25:22 +0100 (CET)
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd and xdmcp

Hello,

I have the following problem.
In my local network (10.0.0.x) I have an X server.
I want to use xdmcp to start the clients on a SUN with CDE on my
university. My network is connected to the outside via a cablemodem and
natd.
I have redirected the x11 ports (see /etc/services) with natd to my
internal computer.
I can start an application remote and see it on my screen with telnet and
the proper DISPLAY set. So X is working and I have the right redirections.

But XDMCP will not work (timeout). I have also tried to redirect the xdmcp
ports with natd, but that made no difference. (Not suprising, because my
xdmcp query is going out, while the x11 connections are comming in -
please tell me if this is a wrong idea of the protocols.)
I can use XDMCP to FreeBSD boxes on the local network, so that part of
the configuration is ok.

Can anybody explain this to me?
Do I need to redirect other ports than the x11 ports also.

Greetings,

Ronald.

--
Ronald Klop