Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 19:12:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/isa ida.c

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Julian Elischer wrote:

> julian      1999/05/25 12:45:19 PDT
>
>   Added files:
>     sys/i386/isa         ida.c
>   Log:
>   Compaq "Intelligent Disk Array" driver.
>   Mark Dawson holds teh copyright on this and has releases from
>   Compaq to allow him to do so..
>
>   Not functional in 4.0 yet but being checked in to allow the functional
>   3.x version to be branched at this point.

Is this a driver for a RAID controller or something else?  I'm just
curious because on the Compaq servers I have there are some disk
status lights (disk OK/online/failure, etc) on each individual
hot-swap disk that operate under NT, but not under FreeBSD.  Does this
driver control that hardware monitoring feature on these servers
(S.M.A.R.T. I would assume)?

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."