Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
Cc:        Dominik Rothert <dr@domix.de>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patches breaking?

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Mike Meyer wrote:

> I haven't. I'm running the ports package (and the rest of the system)
> as installed off of the 3.2-RELEASE CDROMS.

Did you unpack over the top of an existing /usr/ports? Sounds like you've
got stale patches lying around which were removed in the 3.2-R ports
snapshot. Try blowing away the patches directory and reextracting it from
the CD.

Be aware that by not tracking the ports collection you miss things like
security fixes which get applied to various ports. You shouldn't have any
trouble running 3.2-R with an updated ports collection, especially if you
apply the upgrade kit (see www.freebsd.org/ports).

Kris