Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:51:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crashing netscape?

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 03:16:00AM -0500, Donn Miller wrote:
> > I can give you the .mozconfig file I used to successfully build Mozilla
> > on -current.
>
> Patches to make the port compile on Current?  :-)

Well, I've been checking out the source code to Mozilla about 2X a week
(via cvs -z3 co SeaMonkeyAll), and building it on my own...  I see they've
fixed some stuff since M13.  But, putting the right stuff in .mozconfig
can be tricky.  If you put certain things in there, the build will bomb
out.

BTW, I noticed there's certain bugs with gcc's optimization code.  For
example, I used '-mpentium -O3 -pipe' as the optimization flags in
building the latest Qt snapshot.  If I used those CFLAGS I described, the
build bombs out with "Internal compiler error".  When I reverted back to
the stock CFLAGS for the Qt build (-O2 -pipe), the errors went away.

I guess I really don't have to build _everything_ on the planet with
-mpentium -O3 -pipe.  I noticed that most gcc "Internal compiler
errors" are caused by using high optimization levels.  I really didn't
notice that big an increase in performance, anyways.  The performance
increase was about on par with changing the air filter in your car.

 - Donn