Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 12:10:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: yamaha japan relationships anyone?

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Karsten W. Rohrbach wrote:

> hi *
> this might be a little offtopic...
>
> <clueless mode>
> i just messaged the guys from yamaha japan for specs on their pci audio
> chipsets to get some decent documentation to start torturing those ymf744
> soundcards. no response. i mailed again. same result. do they actually
> read their mail or is this an uncommon thing in .jp?
> if there's anyone out there who can tell me how to talk with these guys
> please hit me with your suggestions, since i am starting to get very
> very pissed about this whole yamaha clan and people from several
> continents telling me to ask someone else in another division of their
> rotten company...
> also if you know who to talk to on these issues, i'd appreciate any
> information about contacts there...
> </clueless mode>

I have had more-or-less the same experience. I did get a response which
completely misunderstood what I was asking and assumed I wanted the
source code to their windows driver. My reply explaining that I really
just wanted documentation went unanswered. Sigh.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com