Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:44:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@iMach.com>
To:        Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
Cc:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Let 3.x die ASAP?

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Didier Derny wrote:

> now with 3.x I have uptimes between 2/6 weeks!
> with 2.x I had uptimbes between 2/6 months!

Yes and I have a box which is running 2.2.2-RELEASE and has uptimes of
between 5 and 10 days because I have a scsi drive which has decided that
it needs a power cycle every week or so.

Could you please respond to the following part of my original message?

> > I'm curious as to what hardware you're having all these problems
> > with.  Are you overclocking?  Is the airflow adequate?  What type of
> > drives/controllers are you using? etc....   I really wonder if you've got
> > some weird hardware problem which is plaguing (sp?) you.

Maybe if you'd provide some information instead of just whining you'd find
that not only is freebsd stable, but that it's support is miles ahead of
anything else.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) KD7EHZ