Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 06:23:59 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Otter <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        Greg <greg@fqdn.com>
Cc:        freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP/SCSI boot issue

I've seen that before. Back when I had my dual PPro, it was an Intel
PR440FX motherboard. It didn't like my Adaptec 2940 U2W controller. I
never got it to work so I put it in another machine and left that one
IDE. I do know of others with the onboard scsi controller which seems to
work fine. My old 1542CF worked ok on that board too, but that's a step
backward.
-Otter