Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:47:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Turning tcp_extensions back on?

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Nik Clayton wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Is there a case for keeping
>
>     tcp_extensions="NO"
>
> in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, or are the vast majority of other systems able
> to deal with it now?

I'm also curious about how they intend to measure uptimes using RFC 1323
extensions - I just skimmed this and it didn't offer any suggestions as to
how that would help (unless it's playing games with sequence numbers or
something, which seems dubious)

As for the question, the text in rc.conf(5) could do with some
justification why it would no longer be a problem: "Some hardware/software
out there is known to be broken with respect to these options."

Kris