Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:40:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onstream ADR support?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

>In message <8q091r$1mum$1@ganerc.mips.inka.de> Christian Weisgerber writes:
>: out of the box without any need for special driver support.  So an
>: ADR50 *should* work under FreeBSD, too.
>
>Ah.  I was tramatized by their older version....

Yeah, I think when they reliazed what a PITA it was going to be to write
so many different drivers they saw the light that is standards.  At the
time we last bought a SCSI tape drive the OnStream stuff was still non
standard so we went with AIT from Sony.  I'm now looking at OnStream ADR
for home use.  If I get a drive, I'll be sure to report it's operability
with FreeBSD.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying