Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:04:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        Benjamin Ossei <ben@cahostnet.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't hit my own website from behind firewall

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Benjamin Ossei wrote:

> I can't seem to hit my own web server from a machine on my internal
> network.  I have a dualhomed bsd running as a firewall.  I allow
> everything going outbound using keep-state and check-state (not in
> that order).  I'm using NAT to get to my web server which is using a
> 192.168.1.x IP address.  I can hit the server fine from the outside
> but from the machine behind the firewall I can't.  What might be
> blocking this?  I also allow http,ftp, ssh, dns inbound.

	How are you accessing your webserver from the inside...by the
	public IP translation or by the inside 192.168.1.x address?

	If you are trying to access the public address from the inside you
	will need an additional divert rules that runs on your inside
	interface.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
- Keep on routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"