Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
To:        Mark Nipper <nipsy@tamu.edu>
Cc:        "David O'Brien -Alpha" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how does the 4.3 ISO work for you?

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Mark Nipper wrote:

# On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 07:53:24AM -0700, David O'Brien -Alpha wrote:
# > BSDi^H^H^H^HWind River is about to send the 4.3 ISO master off for
# > duplication.  But there hasn't been much feedback on any problems
# > installing it on various Alphas.  If you can give a quick email to
# > freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org saying thumbs up or thumbs down, it would be
# > helpful.
#
# 	It would be nice to see another image made which at the
# very least included the new-kern.flp to boot the AS1200's and
# similar platforms.  I'm not saying that any commits need to
# occur, due to the relatively untested nature of the changes, but
# it worked for me and at least one other person I've seen on this
# list to get our machines up!

	I would like to see this get in at some point also.  I've got a
1200 that I had to use the modified kernel on floppies to install
from.  Seems like a waste right now to have a CD on that system until I
can at least install FreeBSD on it via CD.

-Joseph