Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:21:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kaila <kaila@o-o.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.4 Release Problem

   I made a quick attempt to install 4.4Release onto a machine, and
consistently get frozen on the mfs disk.  Here is a copy of the relevant bit
from the screen

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
md0: raw partition size != slice size
md0: start 0, end 5758, size 5759
md0c: start 0, end 5759, size 5760
md0: truncating raw partition
md0: rejecting partition in BSD label: it isn't entirely within the slice
md0: start 0, end 5758, size 5759
md0a: start 0, end 5759, size 5760

and has remained at the point for more than an hour.  I can scroll lock
and us the scroll buffer, control SysRq responds with "No debugger in kernel",
so the system is responding, the boot process simply doesn't continue.

The hardware is an old Pentium 2-MMX 350 with 64 meg of ram on an unidentified
mother board, with an award bios.  All onboard peripherals are disabled except
for fdc and primary ide.

[ Name  : Christine F. Maxwell    ] [ ICQ : #45010616              ]
[ EMail : cfm@o-o.org             ] [ IRC : Kaila                  ]
[ Home  : http://www.cfm.o-o.org/ ] [ BBS : http://www.aci.o-o.org ]