Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:39:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bill Sirinek <sirinek@enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing freebsd on my laptop with a cardbus network card

I have an older Dell Inspiron 3200 laptop and a 3COM 3C3FE575CT card (I
guess 3c575?) 32-bit cardbus network card.

I've done a lot of searching online for information about freebsd support
for this card and supposedly its only supported in 5.0.

So with that information in hand, I downloaded and created kernel/root
floppies with 5.0-20020214-CURRENT and tried to install, but my card does
not show up. When I am prompted in the install about network device
information, I am only offered sl0 and ppp0.

As a side note, I thought IRQ conflicts might cause a problem, so I
disabled the parallel port (IRQ7), IRQ3 (2nd serial) and the infrared port
in BIOS, as well as forced the internal sound to IRQ5 and the serial port
(com1) to IRQ4. I left the "PNPOS" question in BIOS set to "Yes".

Any clues on how I can do a network install with this card in the CURRENT
version of FreeBSD? :)

Thanks!

Bill