Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:53:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, mikko@dynas.se
Subject:   [FreeBSD PR bin/15416] addr2line broken

	FreeBSD PR bin/15416 (addr2line is unable to find line
numbers) indicates that addr2line appears to be broken.  This PR was
submitted at the end of 99 when 4.x was -current.  It hasn't been touched
since.

	The PR gives a test case where addr2line appears to be broken.  I
ran this exact test case on a 4-stable box and saw the same issue.  The
version addr2line reports is 2.12.1 [FreeBSD] 2002-07-20.  I tested it on
5-DP2 and it appears to work correctly, the version there is 2.13
[FreeBSD] 2002-10-10.

	What's the correct thing to do with this PR?  The issue does
appear to be fixed in -current (with the newer addr2line).  I suppose the
PR should at least be set to a status of patched.

	Thanks.

-Joseph