Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:10:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Mark-Nathaniel Weisman <mark@outlander.us>, tconnolly@electrosoftsolutions.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Wireless USB Mouse.

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Mark-Nathaniel Weisman wrote:

> I'm confused, why isn't the USB port addressed directly ie /dev/uhid0 or
> something?

I think that's automatic--usbd starts moused when it detects the USB
mouse.

> Although the section in your rc.conf file is substantially
> different than mine, what version are you using of FreeBSD?

4.7-Stable.  The moused commands are all specifically commented out in
my rc.conf.

> I'm told I had to recompile the kernel, then remake a device, then
> add these lines to the rc.conf file. Can you help me understand?

Sorry, don't know.  My kernel config has all the USB devices enabled,
just like in GENERIC.  I don't recall remaking a device, although I
might have.  ums0 is shown in dmesg.