Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 22:00:50 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sony Vaio Z505S & X11 4.0.2 ...

Just got FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE installed on my "new" laptop, got X installed,
KDE2 ... took a bit to get X configured, but finally got the setting
right, or so I thought ...

Go into X, and my mouse acts "funny" ... if I go to click on a button, as
long as I get the mouse over the right spot on that button, it depresses,
and then 'sticks' there ... if I move the mouse off of that button
afterwards, then it un-clicks and does what I asked it to ...

dmesg shows the mouse as being:

PS/2 Mouse, model GlidePoint, device ID 0 ...

I've configured it in XF86Config as a SysMouse, and have moused running on
port /dev/psm0 ...

This machine *used* to have Mandrake Linux on it,with XFree86 working
flawlessly, so I know it is *supposed* to work ... under Mandrake's config
file, it was configured as /dev/usbmouse, but we don't appear to have one
of those to work with ...

Help?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org