Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:57:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Eric Lam <ecrim@earthlink.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dual Processors in FreeBSD

On 2001-08-14, Eric Lam scribbled:

# Do I need to do some extra configuration to utilize dual processors in
# FreeBSD?  I have a dual Pentium Pro box, and I don't see the second
# processor listed in dmesg and startup.  Thanks for your help.

The default kernel that comes with each release is built to recognize
and utilize one processor. You can create your own kernel configuration
and rebuild the kernel to support multiple processors. I would suggest
looking at the FreeBSD Handbook (available on-line at
http://freebsd.org/handbook or in paperback edition) to guide you
through configuring/rebuilding a new kernel that will support/utilize
both processors.

--
Linh Pham
[lplist@closedsrc.org]