Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2002 22:54:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@wxs.nl>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: mozilla on freebsd/alpha?

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, the wise Andrew Gallatin spoke, and said:

> Marco Beishuizen writes:
>  > I tried some alpha versions of Mozilla (for red hat linux and dec osf5.0),
>  > but they didn't run.
>
> Tru64 will never run because it uses native Tru64 threading, which we
> don't support.
>
> Linux versions should run.  They did the last time I tried them.
> Details?
>
> Drew

I didn't try to compile from source. What do I need to download for this?

The install script in the linux version (mozilla-1.0.0-9.alpha.rpm)
actually isn't a install script at all and doesn't run. When I try to run
the mozilla binary I get:

./mozilla: 79: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Marco
--
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened
or not; but my faculties are decaying now and soon I shall be so I