Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:42:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Luke Hollins <lwh@pathcom.com>
To:        Steve <sprasadi@addr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing Ghostscript

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Steve wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to install ghostscript on a 4.6 stable machine in a user
> account as the user himself. However, I am getting the following error
> while doing so:
>
> configure: error: I wasn't able to find a copy
>    of the jpeg library. This is required for compiling
>    ghostscript. Please download a copy of the source,
>    e.g. from http://www.ijg.org/, unpack it at the
>    top level of the gs source tree, and rename
>    the directory to 'jpeg'.
>
> So I tried to install the jpeg library by downloading it from the above
> site. ./configure and make goes thorough without problems but make install
> gives the following error:

	easiest way to do this is to use the port in /usr/ports/graphics/jpeg
	anytime you need something like that, it is probably a good idea to
	go into /usr/ports and run 'make search key=jpeg' for example.
	If you use the ghostscript port , it should automatically build and
	install these dependencies for you.