Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 14:37:06 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Tao <taob@aries.ibms.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

On Sun, 26 Mar 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:

> And yes, it should be a requirement.  Even the best Linux install
> has you babysitting he machine for quite some time.

    I specifically recall that the Slackware distribution I used on my
machine (before I switched to FreeBSD) had an "express" install
feature where you pick all the packages at the beginning and let it
chug away.  You could tell it to either install the default set of
binaries or everything it could find, even if it meant having three
mail readers, five editors, foreign language fonts, etc.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org