Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:45:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jamie <batsy@io.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   identd (tcpd?)

I telnetted into a site the other day and they had this neet little
banner pop up before you were presented with a login prompt:

"Hello batsy@io.org, please note that all connecitons are logged"

or some such deterrent to anyone thinking that their connection was
somehow discreet. I asked someone about it and they said it was a
hack to either  identd or tcpwrappers. I haven't been able to find
anything in the man pages about it and I was wondering if anyone could
point me in the direction of a reference on putting it together.
Thx ,
-j

"See, I told you they'd listen to Reason"
--Fisheye in Snow Crash, Neal Stephenson
Jamie Reid	Junior Systems Administrator	io.org/ican.net	 batsy@io.org