Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 16:34:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: Device xx:name slot allocation failed (E=17)

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Bruce Evans wrote:

> >I'm seeing this error in all my FreeBSD-current boxes now, and one of them (a
> >32Mb P5-75 with an Adaptec 78xx controller), crashes. I suspect a buffer is
> >being overwritten somewhere. The devices that the machines are compalining
> >about are the disks, raw & block. It happens with both wd & sd devices.
>
> This was a bug in devfs.  It was supposed to have been fixed about a month
> ago.

	Will look into it, but it shouldn't crash his system, I'm getting
the same errors on boot up, and my system  has been running now for the
past 2 days, with no other problems other then those warnings...

	Unless he's using /devfs as /dev??  But then his syslogd wouldn't
be working at all :(

System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc