Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 1996 11:05:32 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   logging problem with wu-ftpd

Hi.

I recently installed wu-ftpd 2.4 on my machine, and am having problems
getting it to log.

The entry in my syslog.conf file is
ftp.*                                           /var/log/ftpd

The entry in my inetd.conf to load the wu-ftpd is
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root /usr/local/libexec/tcpd /usr/local/libexec/ftpd -llda

The entry in my ftpaccess file is

log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound

The problem is that it's not logging any connections whatsoever. Only
transfers get logged in xferlog. I'm sure it's something simple, and I'm
sure someone here can come up with a solution. I'm running FreeBSD
2.1-stable, up to date until today. TIA,

Regards,
Khetan Gajjar.

---
http://www.chain.iafrica.com/~khetan/