Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 14:44:13 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Oleg Semenyuk <olegs@matrix.ru>
To:        olegs@crocodile.matrix.ru
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD-2.2.6 telnet, telnetd, rlogind - size of programm

Hello all,

I check now size of some programms on FreeBSD-2.2.6 and see that
size of telnet, telnetd, rlogind, rshd and some other programms different
for my home computer and one of work servers. ls -al for this programms,
for example:

-r-xr-xr-x bin bin 45056 Mar 25 telnetd at work
-r-xr-xr-x bin bin 49152 Mar 25 telnetd at home

nm /usr/libexec/telnetd say "no name list", and I don't know how
investigate this problem.

I installed FreeBSD-2.2.6 on both servers at Apr 98 and Sep 98, source
from ftp.freebsd.org.

Please answer about this problem. Does it mean that one of server
vulnerable?

Thanks a lot,
Oleg.