Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:48:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Phoenix <dphoenix@bravenet.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: apache problems

[root@fosco dphoenix]# netstat -a|grep http|grep ESTABLISHED|wc -l
     141
[root@fosco dphoenix]# ps aux|grep httpd|wc -l
     186
[root@fosco dphoenix]# netstat -a|grep http|grep TIME_WAIT|wc -l
     217
[root@fosco dphoenix]# netstat -a|grep http|wc -l
     537

and the load balancer report 1001 connections...netstat -a|grep http
does not even add up to this.
fosco                            Alive      1001      1    42         1102

So what i can conclude from what you said is that
there are more connections waiting to close for some strange reason
than establishing connection....btw what is FIN_1 in netstat?

Anyways something is wrong here...1001 connections the load balancer is
reporting.....those 1102 state transitions were from earlier today
when i got rid of thttpd which was causing connection resets...moved
back to ports collection of apache13 static server.

Anyone with ideas or anyone that has an arrowpoint LB?