Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 08:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of running Willows Windows emulator?

To answer my own question, below is what I was sent by the Willows sales
people.

So now, the big hold up seems to be our present inability to run Linux ELF
binaries.  I understand that this will be coming down the pike in a few
months.

Does anyone have any testimonials about just how good or bad the Windows
emulation is?  If it can run Word and Excel its obviously much further
along than Wine... but is it actually usable?

Perhaps when the BSDI DOS emulator port is done we'll be able to run Locus
Merge via SCO emulation (any guesses?).  I think I could get FreeBSD on
some desktops here if I could only achieve some sort of Windows app
capability.  (sigh...)