Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:04:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      CJTT <cjtt@employees.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ti driver, vlan and tcpdump

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Brooks Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 03:41:21PM -0600, Shaun Marko wrote:
> > Could you also get the desired result by using a kernel without VLAN support?
> > The original poster said he didn't want to configure VLAN interfaces anyway.
>
> For the moment, on stable hosts, that will work.  Driver vlan support is
> no longer optional in current and that change will be MFC'd just as soon
> as I get it tested.  The right answer is probably to modify the
> VLAN_INPUT_TAG macro to do the bpf stuff.

I see what you're talking about in the driver (if_ti.c).
But I'm not sure if I understand you correctly
(I can't seem to find where the VLAN_INPUT_TAG macro
is located).  Would a temporary fix in if_ti.c
be to just remove the vlan_input_tag() clause
and leave ether_input?

---
#if NVLAN > 0
                /*
                 * If we received a packet with a vlan tag, pass it
                 * to vlan_input() instead of ether_input().
                 */
                if (have_tag) {
                        vlan_input_tag(eh, m, vlan_tag);
                        have_tag = vlan_tag = 0;