Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 18:46:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/4183

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> > Is it even worthwhile leaving these "suspended" instead of
> > "closed"?
>
> I think so.  While the effect may be the same, it is useful to
> distinguish between ``reasonable but unfinished'' and ``completely
> dealt with''.

FWIW, the aggressive mail-archive user will realize that I argued
on the side of using "suspended" when phk first came under attack
for doing this.

My comment was referring to the single specific PR, which seemed
to fall into the same category as "Will someone please upgrade
Perl"; the presence of a PR for this type of request doesn't seem
to help much.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk