Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
To:        Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
Cc:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Andreessen: Linux use growing

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Don Wilde wrote:

> 	We have a shot at the server market, but unless we add to our appeal to
> the desktop set by improving ppp and printer setup and building our own
> office suite, we will remain a niche OS. That's why I take Jordan's
> comments to heart about carefully approaching the Popular Science crowd
> with inteesting articles, and why I want to make a Dummy's FreeBSD Demo.
> 			--> Don

The server market is a great idea, although it would be a good idea to
remind people that FreeBSD is a great workstation as well.  Those that see
FreeBSD as a "server only" OS might be turned off if all they want is a
powerful workstation.  I believe we should hit both crowds (server people
and workstation people) with equal emphasis, or perhaps just a bit more
emphasis on the server side.  Do you guys agree?

Joey Bear Garcia