Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:22:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
To:        peter kok <peter@sweda.com.hk>
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why does /tmp world writable?

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, peter kok wrote:

> do i change the tmp directory to 1777 (chmod tmp 1777)?

The /tmp directory already is mode 1777 by default.

> then, could the system page me 'filled up'?

Nope. You'd have to set up a paging system yourself, if that's something
you wanted to do. My main point was just that you should be watching your
systems one way or another.

Cheers,
Mick

The Reverend Jasper P. O'Malley          dotdot:jooji@webnology.com
    Systems Administrator                  ringring:asktheadmiral
	Webnology, LLC               woowoo:http://www.webnology.com/~jooji