Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 13:36:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      <unknown@riverstyx.net>
To:        Nassar Carnegie <tracc@abraxis.com>
Cc:        Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>, Sergio Lenzi <lenzi@zumnet.com.br>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Secure Shell

Well, I've had no troubles on RedHat.  I've got systems set up with just
1.2.7, just 2.0.12, and 2.0.12 with fallback to 1.2.27 and not a hitch.
Obviously with shadowed passwords on all the systems.  I don't recall
having any problems with 2.0.11, but I didn't have it installed for very
long.

I have heard of and had problems with the RPMs that are floating around
for both versions of SSH, which is why I do my SSH installations with a
tarball of my own.  That may be the problem that you heard of.

---
tani hosokawa
river styx internet