Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:52:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rfork() [was: Concept check]

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Alexander Litvin wrote:

> Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
> > :BTW, concerning rfork(RFMEM). Could somebody explain me, why the
> > :following simple program is coredumping:
> >     You cannot call rfork() with RFMEM directly from a C program.  You
> >     have to use assembly (has anyone created a native clone() call yet
> >     to do all the hard work?).

OK, I'd like to propose another option to rfork to make it a little more
usable for mortals. The option is RFSTACK. This will cause rfork to work
like my original version, in that the stack segment (all memory from
USERSTACK and up) will be cloned.

This would really make a big improvement in rfork usability.

Comments?

ron