Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:18:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Glendon Gross <gross@clones.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Sam Zamarripa <samz@oz.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dedicated disks (was: Dangerously Dedicated)

Is there anyone interested in rewriting that "fake" partition table,
or is that requirement satisfied by the non-dedicated format?
I actually like sysinstall, now that I am used to it, but it
would be aesthetically more pleasing to be able to use the
dedicated format.   I am curious if there could be some improvement to
that "fake" partition table so it would boot from any BIOS, even if it
means we have to write some "proprietary" signatures there.   Is it
possible to modify it so it will trick the BIOS's that are currently
failing to boot?