Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      TeRrAc <terrac@cloudfactory.org>
To:        Nick Rogness <nick@rapidnet.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD IPFW list <freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: natd + IPFW

 Natd is in fadct running,
 my current rulset looks like this (Kinda funky right now)
   00100  1848  185208 divert 8668 ip from any to any via fxp1
   00300  1760  179928 allow ip from any to any via fxp1
   00400 19076 1547736 allow ip from any to any via fxp0
   00500     0       0 allow icmp from any to any via fxp0
   00600     0       0 allow icmp from any to any via fxp1
   65535    83    5902 deny ip from any to any

 I know that is a bass-ackwards rulset, usually I have been testing it
like:
   00100 1849 185456 divert 8668 ip from any to any via fxp1
   00500   32   2404 allow ip from any to any
   00600    0      0 allow ip from any to any
   65535   83   5902 deny ip from any to any

  It seems logical enough that all packets should first be diverted
through natd (the 8668) through the interface, then passed without regard
through the rest of the system.
  Do i need another divert statement on fxp0 to bring them back?

Thanks,
	Terrac Skiens