Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:57:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Andrei A. Dergatchev" <A.Dergatchev@tn.utwente.nl>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fibre Channel "Hardware" List...

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Andrei A. Dergatchev wrote:

> [my perhaps poorly worded question]
>

> > About the 2Gb drives, sorry! I have no clue as yet about this!
>
> Sorry for the confusion, I meant drives capable of 2 Gbit/s,
> which the 2300 will supposingly support. My question was
> that many enclosure support 1 Gbit/s, right ? So, I was
> wondering have you heard about those which support 2 [Gbit/s] ?

I've heard that Ancor has one. I think that Brocade has one too. I have had
access as yet to neither.

> Because one do need to have something in between the 2300 card
> and Cheetah-4 FC drive, right :-) ? Adapter in a case of 1 drive
> only, I presume, and enclosure in the case of multiple drives.

Yes. I have no idea who is, as yet, building enclosures with 2Gb interfaces
either.

This is much like Ultra3- it took at least a year after Ultra3 came out (with
disks ready to go) to find a JBOD that would be Ultra3 to the JBOD itself.

-matt