Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:31:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gheorghe Ardelean <ardelean@ww.uni-erlangen.de>
To:        Tom Grove <freebsd@voidmain.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ultra 1

Hi,

on ultra 1 the onboard ethernet is not supported.
But if you read the archives you will see that I was able to install and
boot an Ultra 1 by using a special crafted loader.

IIRC Marius Strobl has already figured out how to integrate this fix
(he provided the fix) into the main sources.

Basically one has to build a loader without gzip support and than is
working on plain Ultra 1.

> I just received an Ultra 1 from a friend of mine and was wondering if
> there is anyway I could get FreeBSD on it?  What is the difference
> between the 1E and the 1?

Regards,

Johny.