Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:30:11 -0300 (BRST)
From:      Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>
To:        Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>
Cc:        "'tlambert2@mindspring.com'" <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, craig <craiglei@pasia.com.cn>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: How to visit physical memory above 4G?

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Charles Randall wrote:
> From: Terry Lambert [mailto:tlambert2@mindspring.com]
> >I have yet to see one person using it for anything.  So far,
> >it is nothing more than marketing fodder: I haven't seen one
> >motherboard capable of more than 4G worth of SIMMs.
>
> The Dell PowerEdge 6450 supports 8 GB of RAM.
>
> http://www.dell.com/us/en/biz/products/model_pedge_pedge_6400.htm

It's all a trick, they don't really exist. After all,
why would people ever shell out the money for one of
these useless beasts that won't be running until ia64
has gotten cheaper than these machines ?

Rik
--
Executive summary of a recent Microsoft press release:
   "we are concerned about the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

		http://www.surriel.com/
http://www.conectiva.com/	http://distro.conectiva.com/