Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:38:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
To:        DenniZ <den@stcozon.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About Sony i.Link

FreeBSD -CURRENT recognized the firewire DVD-ROM drive I had attached to
it.  If the install floppies support IEEE1394 (and I don't know if they
do), the DVD-ROM drive will just show up as /dev/cd* (depending on the
number of SCSI or firewire drives on the machine)

Have you tried booting off the floppies and seeing if it recognizes the
drive?

Adam