Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:28:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wouter Van Hemel <wouter@fort-knox.rave.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/31271: rl(4) discourages vender openness by disparaging remarks.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>  I think that we should try to avoid making nasty remarks about
>  hardware vendors.  I mean, in our lists, in the archives, it's
>  probably OK, but in documentation that is shipped with FreeBSD, it's
>  kind of embarrassing.

I agree. Documentation is about info and facts, not about personal
opinions. It's not the place for 'colorful language', no matter how much
the writer would like to add that.

If docs are incomplete, or hardware is not properly documented, a simple
notice will do. 'incomplete' is a fact, 'bad' isn't.

Just my opinion, though. ;)

  wouter