Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:39:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB mouse oddity

Hello all

I used the instructions at this page to get a USBmouse working on an IBM
PC:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/usb-mouse.php

But they aren't working for me on my VIA-based PC:

johnnyb:~ > dmesg | grep -i usb
uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xd000-0xd01f irq 5 at device 4.3
on pci0
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0

Whatever I do, I can't get the system to see /dev/ums0 - I MAKEDEV'd it
and it's in /dev.

Anybody have any pointers on how I can debug this? The only other USB
device I have to test with is a joystick... Also, the same mouse works
great in the USB port on the IBM PC.

Thanks - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg