Date:      Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:29:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      synrat <synrat@wirewalk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sound module on start up

I figured out how to load the module for my sound card ( ac97 ) but I
can't get it to load on start up. When I add the line
snd_via8233_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf it still doesn't load it on the
start up. How do I do that ?

How would I compile that into my kernel ? I thought it would be built when
I added pcm to my custom config, but it wasn't.  I had to build it
manually in modules/sounds directory.

thanx a lot