Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 00:25:14 +0000 ()
From:      Tim Pushor <timp@rnd.orion.ab.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating bootable floppy

Hello,

Does anybody know how to possibly create a bottable floppy? I need two
different ones, for different situations:

1) Server with tape drive crashes - in this case I need a bootable floppy
that I can use to relabel the disks, create the filesystems, and restore
from backup.

2) Server w/o tape drive crashes - in this case, I need a custom bootable
floppy with TCP/IP & RPC.

In the case of 2, what would be the best is to create a ramdisk based file
system (~10MB) to hold all required files.

So I guess I am asking if anyone knows first how to create a bootable
floppy, and next, how to boot a system from diskette, and possibly create
a ramdisk based filesystem and unpack multiple floppies from it?

Impossible?

Tim
---
Tim Pushor, Technical Director                       Phone: (403) 246-0826
Orion Technologies Inc.                                FAX: (403) 242-7380
timp@orion.ab.ca                                     Pager: (403) 229-8722