Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 00:09:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        Michael Ranner <rmike@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AHA2920 / Future Domain TMC 1830 driver for FreeBSD

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Michael Ranner wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Michael Ranner wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any interest in an AHA2920 driver for freebsd?
> >
> > actually... I am... I have a TMC-1610MER that has the Future Domain 18C30
> > chip on it...
> >
> > > Who can give me some technical support to get the code running?
> >
> > well... I haven't really done much with the kernel... but as soon as I get
> > a development machine up and running (should be soon now)... I can help...
> > ttyl...
>
> I will inform you about the progress! If we have a working AHA2920 driver
> a port to your card should be no problem. Is the TMC-1610 a PCI card?

no.. the TMC-1610 is a 16bit isa card...  with a blank socket...  which I
would guess can house a bios...

it looks like the PAO group has a working driver for the Future Domain
18C30... probably what needs to happen is possibly port the interface
logic to the different busses (isa,pci,pccard)...   ttyl...

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)