Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 15:59:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To:        John Birrell <jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, jkh@time.cdrom.com, jim.king@mail.sstar.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha port..

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, John Birrell wrote:

> John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> > their bus_space code without modifications (if it goes well)...  but
> > the rest of their bus code is to limiting...
>
> Have you tried getting the NetBSD bus-code designers to comment on
> this statement? If you send mail to cgd@netbsd.org saying....

A better thing to do would be to join the tech-kern@netbsd.org
there.

As far as this actually happening on the FreeBSD side, I'd love to
see a lot of this stuff adopted into FreeBSD, since we rely on a
couple of FreeBSD folks for some of our device drivers. However,
last time I chatted with David Greenman (at ISPCon in SF last
August) he indicated to me that he felt that inb() and outb() were
just fine for device drivers, and he saw no need for any of the
bus_space stuff in NetBSD.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates