Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:18:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@FreeBSD.ORG>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/boot/common panic.c

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Yes, it does. This is panic on loader, though. If it panics on loader
> once, it will always panic on loader without manual (console)
> intervention.
>
> I'm open to hearing arguments/evidence to the contrary, though.

With pxeboot, I can replace the loader on whim; if I'm pulling stuff in
and out using an NFS root I can change the sets of modules and scripts run
remotely, etc.  When you say "console intervention", do you include the
serial console?  If so, no problem; if not, then I'd rather have a
spinning boot than have to hit a key on the real system console :-).

Of course, one of the things I dislike about my current batch of PXE boxes
is that if PXE fails, it requires a console keypress to try again without
hard booting :-(.