Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 09:01:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: machine check problems.

Hello friends.
I solved my problem. ACtually I measured hte temperature on hte CPU and it
was 80C !! and I measured th temperature on the cache chips and it was 75C
it is too much.
I added 2 extra fan, one for the CPU and another one on the cache chips.
Seems like the default FAN does not spin enough fast, maybe some fault
related to the temperature sensor on the CPU. I Also removed hte
dissipator from the CPU and reattached it adding the Pee See conducting
cream on hte surface between CPU and dissipator and I did not get anymore
that machien check problem 0x670 vector.
I am having an other problem anyway but this only with FreeBSD and I do
not know why.
I have a machien check vector 0x660 happening with whatever program cc1 or
top or even the swap process 0. is 660 related to memory ??
Anyway I do not know why this problem does not happen on NetBSD.

thanks to all anyway any comments are really VERY Appreciated.

Rick